Friday, July 18, 2008

Introduction of "Eva's Edicts" on Organizing

OK, I'm hereby declaring the official roll-out of "Eva's Edicts" on Organizing, as of today.

First, let's define, 'what's an edict?' An edict is a decree or proclamation, a formal pronouncement or command.

I'm introducing Eva's Edicts in order to get you better organized and to Sort Things Out, one step at a time.

I'm directing this for those of you who need someone to "tell" you what to do, in order to get started. If left on your own, you flounder, you procrastinate, you put off, and you end up not doing what needs to get done.

Well, think of me as your big sister (not your mother, I don't want to be your mother). A big sister is better; there's some authority here, but I can also be a peer and mentor too. Plus, I'm used to being a big sister because I am one.

Ready to start?

Today, "Eva's Edict of the Day" is to work on cleaning out your car. 5 minutes at a time.


(for those of you who don't have a car, or if you already have a system going for keeping your car detailed, you can choose something else to organize, starting with the letter "c", like a countertop, or closet, or cabinet, or coffee table).

The goal in fulfilling Eva's Edict today: Spend 5 minutes (and only 5 minutes) on throwing away anything that's obvious trash, from one section of you car.

Just today alone, in my local driving, I saw one car filled with empty Starbucks coffee cups lined up on the back window of the car. Hey, let's clear out those coffee cups and make room for the bobble-head doggie! Another guy parked in the space in front of me at the local YMCA opened his trunk and it was filled to the brim with smelly gym clothes, crumpled grocery bags, jumper cables, and a bunch of empty Gatorade bottles. Oooh, what a way to impress someone, not to mention it's a FIRE HAZARD! Take all the garbage bags, fill them up with the empty bottles and drop it off in the nearest recycle bin or trash can.

5 minutes, done. Leave the rest for next week.

Or, if you're so inclined, keep going, 5 minutes at a time. Don't get burned out though in trying to get too much done at once.

Leave a comment (or post on Twitter) to report back with what you got accomplished today.

Contact me if you need someone, like a big sister, to yell at you on a regular basis to get this done.

Ok, time to get off the computer and Sort Things Out.

Regards,
Eva
Follow me on Twitter

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home